Earthquake Insurance

We'll compare over 20 companies so you can make the right choice.



What is it?

Earthquake is a “peril” that is excluded on Homeowners Insurance, but you can purchase a separate policy to cover earthquake losses. While there are some states that are more prone to earthquakes, like CA and WA, earthquakes can occur in any state and can cause significant damage.

What's covered?

  • Dwelling: Coverage for your home and attached structures, such as an attached garage.
  • Other structures: Depending on the policy, there may be coverage for any detached structures on the property, such as a detached garage, shed, or fence.
  • Personal property: Coverage for your belongings, including clothing, furniture, electronics, dishes, etc.
  • Additional living expenses: Coverage for additional expenses if you are unable to inhabit your home, such as hotel and restaurant bills.

How does it work?

  1. If you have a loss: Call us at (303) 597-1667 as soon as possible for claim assistance.
  2. The rate for Earthquake Insurance depends on the location of the home, the age of the home, the number of stories, the estimated cost to rebuild the home, the building materials used in the home, and the proximity to fault lines and seismic activity.
  3. Some select insurance carriers offer an endorsement for Earthquake Insurance rather than a separate policy for that coverage.
  4. Earthquake Insurance usually has a percentage deductible, so you may be responsible for the first 2-25% of the costs, and the insurance company would pay for the rest up to the policy limits.