What is it?
Commercial Property Insurance provides coverage for the building your business owns and in certain situations spaces you lease, as well as your business personal property, and in many cases lost income if operations are suspended due to a covered loss. In short, Commercial Property Insurance covers the things you need to keep your business running if disaster strikes.
- Your building: Whether your business owns or leases the workspace, Commercial Property Insurance will extend coverage for the building itself or for build out costs in your leased space along with any permanently installed fixtures, machinery, and equipment.
- Contents: Commercial Property Insurance also covers the personal property located in and just outside the building, including but not limited to:
- Desks/other furniture
- Important documents
- Exterior signs
- Others’ property
- Lost Income: If your business is unable to continue normal operations due to a covered loss, a Commercial Property Insurance policy can extend coverage for lost revenue. It may also provide coverage for extra expenses incurred to get you up and running at a temporary location as well as paying your key employees so you don’t lose them to the competition due to a shutdown in operations.
How does it work?
- If you have a loss: Call us at (303) 597-1667 as soon as possible for claim assistance.
- Take precautions to avoid further damage by tarping or boarding up the affected areas to protect from the elements.
- Compile a list of affected items to provide to the adjuster.
- Choose a contractor to proceed with the repairs.