What is it?
There are many things that can go wrong when planning a big event and the easiest way to prepare for the worst is to purchase insurance for the most likely disasters. Wedding/Event Insurance provides protection for damages or injuries that may occur during the event and reimbursement for expenses lost if the event is postponed due to unavoidable events, like severe weather.
There are many coverages you can chose from in order to tailor your policy for your specific event needs, including but not limited to:
- Venue liability: You can add liability coverage to protect yourself if a guest is injured or causes damage.
- Liquor liability: You can add coverage to protect yourself from liability resulting from alcohol-related occurrences.
- Lost deposits: You can get reimbursed for your deposit if a vendor goes out of business or fails to show up.
- Severe weather: If severe weather forces you to postpone your wedding, you can get reimbursed for non-recoverable expenses.
- Lost or damaged wedding attire: For the bride’s dress and/or groom’s tuxedo.
- Lost rings: You can get the wedding bands repaired or replaced if damaged or lost.
- Ruined photos: If the photographer somehow loses or damages the film or negatives, the cost to take new wedding photos is covered.
- Call to duty: If the bride or groom is called to active duty unexpectedly and the event has to be postponed, you can get reimbursed for non-recoverable expenses.
- Rehearsal dinner: You can cover the rehearsal dinner, or a brunch the day after the wedding, on the same policy.
How does it work?
- If you have a loss: Call us at (303) 597-1667 as soon as possible for claim assistance.
- While weddings are the most common event, there are many other event types that you can purchase coverage for.
- You should get Wedding/Event Insurance when you first start planning your wedding/event.
- Coverage does not extend if you simply change your mind about the vendor you want to use, or if the bride or groom calls off the wedding.
- The event cannot have any of the following activities:
- Rides, mechanical amusement devices, inflatable recreation devices
- Dunk tanks, bungee operations/equipment
- Petting zoos, live animals
- Water sports
- Fireworks, pyrotechnic devices, flammable sky lanterns