What is it?
Restaurant Insurance has all of the components of standard business insurance with the option of adding coverage for food contamination, spoilage, and contamination shutdown.
- Spoilage: coverage for spoiled food in the event of a power loss or failure of refrigeration equipment.
- Food contamination: covers medical treatment for customers who become ill due to tainted food in the insured’s restaurant. It may also provide additional advertising dollars to combat bad press due to the incident.
- Contamination shutdown: provides for lost business income as a result of a shutdown by the board of health.
How does it work?
- If you have a loss: Call us at (303) 597-1667 as soon as possible for claim assistance.
- All three options can be customized to suit the individual coverage needs of the insured.
- Spoilage and food contamination coverage generally have a standard deductible.
- Contamination shutdown is subject to a waiting period deductible where your payout will start within 8 to 72 hours, depending on the carrier, after the shutdown.