What is it?
Pet Insurance is essentially a health insurance plan for your pets. Any cat or dog over 8 weeks old is eligible for coverage, although the rate will vary based on the age and health of the animal. While most conditions are covered, pre-existing conditions are never covered by Pet Insurance.
Most plans allow you to choose the specific coverage you want, which may include:
- Vet exams
- CAT scan, MRI, x-ray
- Hereditary conditions
- Congenital conditions
- Cancer treatments
- Vet specialists
How does it work?
- If you have a loss: Call us at (303) 597-1667 as soon as possible for claim assistance.
- If your pet needs a covered treatment, you simply take them to the vet, pay the vet bill, and submit the claim for reimbursement.
- Once the annual deductible is met, you will be reimbursed for vet bills based on the reimbursement percentage selected on your policy. (The deductible will not need to be satisfied again until the next 12-month plan period.)
- It takes approximately 14-16 business days to process a claim and issue reimbursement.
- There may be up to a 14-day waiting period for illnesses and injuries.