Renters insurance is one of the least understood coverage options on the market. We at Integrity First Insurance find that many Colorado renters don’t even buy a policy unless their landlord demands it. Is this a wise decision? Absolutely not! That’s because your policy can cover a surprising range of situations and help to keep you protected from the dangers that you may experience otherwise.
How Renters Insurance Helps You
Renters insurance is a lot like a home insurance policy but is designed for people who do not own the home. So whether you rent a house or an apartment, you can get protected. It typically works to protect your belongings, while the landlord’s home insurance policy covers the structure. Typically, it:
- Protects from damage, like fire, water problems, failing items, and smoke issues
- Insures you against snow, sleet, lightning, windstorms, hail, and even ice-related problems
- Covers you against vandalism, riots, vehicle damage, and theft against your property
- Pays relocation costs or living expenses while your home is being repaired
- Helps to pay other related issues that may occur on your property
For more information about what renters insurance covers, read our blog Renters Insurance 101
You can also expand your policy to cover things like expensive coin collections, business elements contained within your property, credit cards, travelers’ checks, stamps, jewelry, furs, firearms, and much more. Your policy will cover what you want as long as you expand it to cover your needs.
Don’t Let Your Property Get Damaged
If you’re worried about the potential dangers that could impact your rented home and need renters insurance, please contact us at Integrity First Insurance to get help. We serve Colorado and provide the kind of renters insurance that you need to stay on top of your financial situation.