What is it?
Auto Service and Repair Insurance has all of the components of standard business insurance. It includes additional special coverage called garagekeepers that offers protection to the garage business for loss to a customer's auto left in the insured's care, custody or control.
There are 3 options for garagekeepers coverage:
- Primary: This is the best coverage of the three. The garage business insurance is primary over any other insurance on the vehicle. This allows the customer to breathe easy knowing that they won’t have to file a claim on their personal insurance for losses that occur while at the shop.
- Excess: This method requires that the customer file a claim for incidents that occur at the shop. The garagekeepers insurance will pay an amount that is above what the customer’s personal insurance pays on the claim.
- Legal liability: This method provides the least coverage. The garagekeepers will only pay in a situation where it is legally obligated to do so. This also requires that the customer files a claim on their personal Auto Insurance policy with no guarantee of any payout at all from the garagekeepers policy.
How does it work?
- If you have a loss: Call us at (303) 597-1667 as soon as possible for claim assistance.
- Garagekeepers coverage extends to vehicles that are not owned by the insured but are in the care, custody, and control of the insured.
- If a vehicle in your care is damaged, call us to determine what coverage may extend.